Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
True Jamaican – grown in Jamaica, processed in Jamaica and bottled in Jamaica.
Castor oil is a vegetable oil commonly tagged as a “cure all” remedy. The oil is extracted from the seeds of the castor oil bush, which can be found all over Jamaica.
Castor oil has a long history of being used as a source of fuel to a tonic for the hair and body. In ancient times castor oil was used by the Egyptians to fuel lamps because of its slow burning nature. The Greeks also used castor seed oil for lighting and body ointments.
In present times castor oil has both industrial and domestic uses.
In World War I castor oil was used as an aircraft lubricant because of its consistent viscosity and anti-freeze features. Other industrial uses include racing oil for high-performance engines, a primary raw material in the production of nylons and a component in perfumes, plastics, feedstock and insecticidal oils.
In Jamaica castor oil is used both internally, as a strong and effective purgative and externally to treat skin disorders and improve hair growth and texture. If you are old enough, you may remember your grandmother recommending castor oil to cure what ails you. Surely grandma thought castor oil was the Earth’s most versatile healing gift.
- Jamaican “Made in Jamaica” black castor oil has been traditionally used in Jamaica for:
- Treating acne
- Helping the skin looking youthful and unlined
- Breaking up external/internal scar tissue and may prevent new scars forming
- Soothing shingles
- Thicken eyelashes and eyebrows
- Keeping hair looking soft and shiny
- Softening thick calluses and corns
- The treatment of skin infections like athlete’s foot and ringworm
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Reducing the appearance do age spots.
Tip: Use baking soda to remove castor oil residue after use.
As hair oil, apply to the scalp with water as the oil is thick. Or you can apply it to the scalp, as I do, to wet hair after washing. Have a look at this video clip: applying to scalp
Ingredients: Jamaican black castor oil
Made in Jamaica, no salt added