On Sunday 20 August we held our 2017 celebration of Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago independence. It was great to see so many faces, all enjoying the dancing, reggae, steel pan music and yes, most definitely the food and beverages.
We know that all those who came felt like they were immersed in the Caribbean, right here in Australia. The stalls meant we could take a part of the Caribbean home with us. Congratulations to all who won prizes in the raffle.
Our major sponsors who donated iconic Jamaican beverages included:
Other sponsors included:
- Jamaican Products
- Georges Fine Meats, Cherrybrook
- Odette McLeod – McLeod’s Antiques
- Allison Lee
- Jessica McLeod-Yu
- PureTech Solutions.
Thank you to:
- the entertainment crew including:
- steel pan players,
- the dancers who showcased both traditional and contemporary dancing,
- the DJs who made us dance and ‘shook the house’
- the chefs who made the food possible
- the bar folk pouring our iconic beverages and
- other invaluable helpers.
A portion of proceeds was donated to Beyond Blue. In line with the mental health theme, Jessica McLeod-Yu shared her video clip on depression.
Thanks to everyone. We will see you at next year’s event.